Wednesday, August 19, 2009

"Speed" Vans

Why is there such an uproar over this device to catch speeders? Just don't speed and you have nothing to worry about. Plus, it pays for itself, frees up police for other crimes and makes money for the local government. I just don't get all the protests...

3 comments:

  1. I agree with freeing up the police to tend to other important crimes. What I have an issue with is the fact that they are; 1) not municipal employees 2) They are just a corporation trying to make a buck.

    I consider that kinda parisitic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I resent this effort for the same reason I resent walking thru the "cattle guards" at the bank and McDonalds. It's a bit legalistic, and restrictive. If I had to guess which side of the line this effort fell, I'd say towards the side of thou-shalt-not as opposed to freedom. This is not to say we should all drive as fast as we want, I do say that a little ethics and good conscience should rule the day.

    ReplyDelete